Day 18: Running in my backyard

Date: February 24th 2011, 8:30 pm
Distance: 3.2 miles
Weather: Uninteresting

I wanted to stay close to home tonight so I calculated the distance around the loop that circles South Wymount. 0.8 miles times 4 laps equals one decent run. See the 6 white rectangles? Each one is a group of on campus apartments, and each one is a ward (it sure makes home teaching easy). I live in the lower left one (by the letter "C"). I ran counter clockwise and it wasn't too bad. Most of the run didn't have sidewalks so I remembered from scouts to run on the side of the road that was facing oncoming traffic. It didn't matter... there were hardly any cars anyways. One length of road didn't have any streetlights so I kept finding myself tripping over pine cones. Otherwise I just kept my head up, put on the speed, and it was all over before I could even say "rise and shout, the cougars are out."

No comments:

Post a Comment