Day 7: Misty Morning River Run

Date: January 29th 2011, 6:30 am
Distance: 5.1 miles
Weather: Hazy Fog

Have a look at that... I even got the temperature to display right there on the map. Cool. In other news, I have posted my training schedule so feel free to check it out.

I was up bright and early to kick off this morning's run. I decided to slow it down a little bit and take it at a marathon's pace. The result: an exceptionally pleasant morning run.

It was foggy in general but one I got on the Provo River Trail, the mist thickened up quite a bit. The water level was high, probably since we have had a lot of melting snow during the last week. There was this waterfall-like region (behind walgreens) where the spray from the water clouded the river quite a bit. It was ethereal. Ha ha, with the bare trees and fog, the scenery reminded me of this old computer game I once had called MYST. Let me see if I can find a screenshot.



That brings back some memories.

There was only one other person on the river trail... an old Indian man (Indian as in Indian... not Native American). So it was a quiet and peaceful run. Of course, I had Jimmy Eat World to keep me company.

The run went by quickly and I when it was over I didn't even feel any pain or exhaustion. Granted, I took it at a marathon pace, but I was pleased overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment