Day 48: Kiwanas

Date: May 5th 2011, 8:00am
Distance: 3.1 miles
Weather: Getting better every day!

I've gotta tell you, I'm loving having shorter runs now that my schedule is winding down as I get closer to the marathon. Now I can just buzz out there and be back in less than 30 mins. Nice.

Today I ran by Kiwanis Park, a Provo landmark. As I went by, I saw the ghosts of ultimate frisbee games past. Good, good, times.

The streetlights were a bit nicer to me today (unlike yesterday). I kept a good pace and before I knew it, I was running up the 63 step stairs by the bell tower. Most 5k's don't have these kind of obstacles along the way (but then again, the 8 mile run in Vegas surprised us too).

As I neared home, running through the parking lot of the Marriott Center, I was surprised to see about 6 or 7 people wandering aimlessly around the parking lot, carrying buckets. It looked like grounds crew people but they were going in random directions, moseying, and generally not doing anything. I wish I could say I was surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment