That's all folks!

Now, I want to properly wrap up the whole training experience. This blog has a record of every training run I've done for the last 5 months. That's a lot of running, but lets put it in perspective. From day 1 of training to the end of the marathon, I have logged the following stats:

  • Total miles ran: 353.6
  • Total calories burned: 39,780
  • Total calories consumed at the buffet at dinner 7 hours after the marathon: 39,780 (approximately)
  • # of times I ran in the rain: 4 (3 of those times were the 3 times I ran with Michael)
  • # of times I ran while it was snowing: 3
  • # of times I failed to do my scheduled run: 4
  • # of bananas spotted on the road while I ran by: 3

Here are a few maps, showing the paths of all my runs:


And lets look in a little more detail:


Now focusing on the spot right outside my house:


Incredible, huh?

So that's it guys. All and all, I had a blast, but honestly I'm going to take a break and not go running for a while. So while this is the end of this blog, you can bet I'll be running again. Someday.

If you didn't get to read about the race, then make sure to check out the Marathon Post.
In the mean time, you can still see what I am up to at bryanbraun.com. Go check it out! I post something there every weekend... usually about cool things I'm learning at school or insights I've had during the week. So please take a look, and remember to click the "join this site" button in the sidebar. Ciao friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment