Day 40: To Grandmother's House we Go

Date: April 16th 2011
Distance: 13 miles
Weather: Sunburn Weather

To prepare for the run, I loaded up a good, long, podcast (this time it was the Entrepreneurial Thought Leader Series at Stanford--high quality stuff). The plan was to run up to Holly's grandma's house in North Orem, giving me a place to stop and rest at the halfway point.

The first half of the run went quickly. I hadn't been out for more that 10 minutes before I realized that running in long sleeves was a mistake. The sun was high in the sky, and I was sweating like a nervous pig in a sauna. Holly's Grandma wasn't expecting me, so I'll bet it was quite the surprise when I showed up.

Regardless, she was very hospitable, offering me water or a variety of other beverages. I went with the Root Beer. It was delicious at the time, as we sat and chatted, but once I left and was back on the road I regretted not going for the water. I had a bad case of the "sticky mouth" that lasted the second half of the run.

Fortunately, it wasn't so bad that I couldn't laugh at the guy I saw tanning in the parking lot of Gold's Gym. Priceless.

When I got home I was so parched that my mouth felt like a desert (complete with cacti) and I made short work of the remaining Gatorade that Mom got for me. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment