Day 42: Odd

Date: April 22nd 2011, 9pm
Distance: 5 miles
Weather: Mild

This run was odd for many reasons:
  • I saw a dance party in the parking lot of Fat Cats. They were playing some sort of Hip-Hop Techno rave music that you could hear a couple of blocks away. I admit, I was tempted to join the party.
  • A ran by a bum with a cardboard sign standing near an intersection. As I waited at the light, I saw what looked like a 3/4 full Nacho platter in one of those carry away plastic disposable containers sitting on the electric box near by the "walk" sign. There was still a lot of delicious looking mexican food that had been left there (it looked like it was from one of these high end Mexican places like Costa Vida or Cafe Rio). As I passed this spot on the run back, the bum was gone... and so was the food.
  • They lit up the Y for graduation. I didn't even notice until I was on my way back and facing the mountains.
Otherwise, I'm just 5 miles closer to the big race.

No comments:

Post a Comment