Day 20: On the Straight and Narrow

Date: March 1st 2011, 7:20 pm
Distance: 4.5 miles
Weather: Mild

At first look it seems to be the most boring run possible. From point A to point B. Then back again. But then again, you would be surprised how nice it is to not get lost, stumble across construction, take unknown detours, and add 3 miles to my run. Without having to worry about any of these problems, I got an opportunity to get lost in thought... let my mind wander instead of my feet. Here is what I was thinking.
  • The Little Caeser's in Provo has a lighted sign on top of a pole out front... it's the kind of sign that would have the huge, plastic, glowing, (and possibly rotating) golden arches on it if it were a McDonalds. Anyways, the sign said little Caesers in small words at the top and $5 Hot n' Ready Pizzas in huge letters underneath. It was then that I thought, "This isn't a Little Caesers... this is a $5 Hot n' Ready pizza factory. I'll bet that's all they sell."
  • "What if gravity reversed right now. What would I grab onto in order to prevent myself from hurling into the sky (note: at this point I started running on the side of the sidewalk closest to the trees). How could I get from here to home? Once I got home, what are some long term survival plans (I'd probably would have to get myself into a Wal-Mart or something). How would the surviving humans redesign the planet in order to prevent more deaths? And finally, would this make a sweet video game?"
  • "Geez there's a lot of elementary schools down here. I wonder if I'd get busted for hopping the fence and playing on the playground. Wait... there are no swings. What's a playground without swings? Lame-o. Not worth it."
  • The further I got south, the fewer lights I saw and the more sky I saw. I saw the moving lights from an airplane and I started looking for a shooting star. "They aren't that uncommon..." I thought. I didn't ever see one though.
  • "What is with the sidewalk in front of Gold's Gym?" Poor design. It is connected to the front of a bunch of parking spots with nothing between the parking lot and the sidewalk. Result: all the cars pull way too far forward and block the sidewalk with the noses of their car. They are probably just bitter that They are paying $46 a month for their workout and I am getting mine for FREE.
With all that on my mind, it wasn't long before I was home again. For my cool down, I ran the trash out to the dumpster. Gotta love getting two birds with one stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment