Day 26: Running to the Bank of American Fork

Date: March 15th 2011, 9:00 pm
Distance: 5 miles
Weather: A wispy layer of clouds so thin that you can see the stars through it

Ok, the title is deceptive... it sounds like I ran 30 miles or something. I did run to the Bank of American Fork and back, but it was the Orem branch. What a ridiculous name for a bank in Orem.

Anywho, the image for this run is taken from the viewpoint on Y mountain. You can see the Marriott Center and Stadium in there (as well as a bit of Utah lake up on top), which adds some perspective.

I was feeling good today. Maybe it was the under-armor I had donned (wearing that stuff just makes you feel fast) or the excellent weather (a high of 63 degrees, baby!). Whatever it was, I was cruising. Even when I was just stretching at a stoplight, a girl shouted out of the window of a nearby car, "Ow Owww!"
I've still got it.

I was looking forward to running under the overpass and seeing if Saturday's cup art was still there. On my way up I saw a girl crossing the street on her bike with a foam pool noodle in one hand, the other one on the handlebars and her head sideways, talking on the cellphone pressed between her ear and her shoulder. Now that's an accident waiting to happen. I forgot about the overpass on my way up... I was busy wondering who would win in a fight: Mr. Bean or Pee Wee Herman. My money is on Pee Wee... hands down. Did you see him take out Francis in Pee Wee's Big Adventure? Nobody messes with Pee Wee.

On the way back down the hill I saw that the overpass was empty. Not a cup in site. Bummer.

1 comment: