Day 27: Gluttony

Date: March 18th 2011, 9:00 pm
Distance: 4.2 miles
Weather: Cold and clear

Hey, I'm past the halfway point... being on #27 of my 51 runs. I'd celebrate, but I'll save it for when BYU beats the Zags on Saturday.

I always seem to run my routes in a clockwise manner. This one went North, right at the MTC and down past the stadium. Apparently the garbage man took a day off because a bunch of the houses on the street still had their trash bags out. It'll be a feast for any stray cats out there. I'm thinking of that scene in Charlotte's Web when Templeton the rat goes into the fairgrounds after hours and chows down all the old food (sorry... I would have posted it here but I couldn't find it on youtube). Oh baby... that's one of the best gluttony scenes in all film (although the heavyweights party takes a close second... couldn't find it either).

As I ran past the intramural fields, I saw enough of an intramural football game to watch a guy drop an easy, deep, pass. You could hear his teammates saying "Jeez Devin!" and stuff like that. Sorry pal... you could always take up running.

I don't usually take music on the short runs, as a principle, but at least it would have given me something to listen to. The rest of the run was actually quite boring. At least it gets me one run closer to the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment