Day 29: The Blustery Day

Date: March 22nd 2011, 4:00 pm
Distance: 5.8 miles
Weather: Kite Flying Weather

The sun was shining so I left the gloves and hat at home. Heck it's almost April. Hallelujah. Unfortunately, as soon as I headed North, I found myself running directly into a strong headwind. How strong? You remember that scene from Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day when Piglet begins to blow to away so Pooh grabs his scarf, only to have it unravel to a long thread until piglet is flying like a kite? It was kind of like that. Pretty soon my ears and fists were quite cold. I took comfort in the fact that I would turn around at my halfway point (Will's Pit Stop) and not have to deal with it again.

And I did. It was at about this time when I saw something awesome. Stopped in the turn lane was a guy in a pickup truck with the windows down and two dogs in the back. It felt like Afton, but this isn't the best part. He is also blasting the stereo, which is playing a rippin saxophone solo. No Lonestar. No AM radio. Just Sax. It was a "one of these things is not like the other thing" moment.

In closing, today was the first time this year I saw somebody running without a shirt on. It would have been too cold for me but I still think it is a sign for warmer days to come. This is just as good as the groundhog not seeing his shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment