Day 30: Bittersweet 16

Date: March 24nd 2011, 10:30 pm
Distance: 3.9 miles
Weather: Chilly

I ran with a heavy heart today, just having watched BYU drop out of the NCAA tournament after losing in overtime to Florida State. It's a bittersweet day. Sweet, having made it into the Sweet 16. Bitter because... well, you know. In memory of the cougs, this post will point out both the bitter and sweet aspects of today's run.

Bitter

  • Starting way too late
  • A car drove up behind me and honked. It scared the bejeezes out of me.
  • I ran past a guy walking down the dark street in a full suit and tie. It was 11 at night, he was limping, and he looked a little disheveled. I think he was a zombie.

Sweet

  • Running the trash out to the dumpster makes me feel like a good husband.
  • Short runs are nice
  • Running downhill makes me feel fast

I guess I'll be putting away my 7 foot cardboard cutout of Jimmer Fredette. Oh well... I'll be pulling it out again when he gets drafted by the Suns.

No comments:

Post a Comment