Day 24: Running Back in Time

Date: March 10th 2011, 7:30 pm
Distance: 3.7 miles
Weather: Partly Starry

So I was thinking, why do we always call it partly cloudy when there are patches of clouds in the sky? It's like calling the glass half empty. Isn't the sky also partly clear? Lets look at the bright side folks (no pun intended). It would be nice to see more reports of "partly sunny" or "partly starry." Looking only at the clouds seems so pessimistic to me.


So today was like a run back in time because I did 4 laps around the missionary field. The missionary field is sandwiched between the MTC (at bottom) and the Provo Temple (at top). Back when I was at the MTC, I used to run laps around this field with my buddy Dan Larsen. We would talk about high school track and flying airplanes (he had his pilot's license). I thought it would be fun to do it again. Now... there is a sign out there that says "field is for missionary use only" but I felt ok about it because I was running around the field... not on it.

There was one strange thing though. The length of the course on 9th east has power lines going over it and part of the electric cable was dangling down near the sidewalk. It didn't look severed... it was just drooping very very low. I could have reached up and touched it with my hand (I resisted the temptation). Yeah, somebody ought to fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment