Day 32: Stuff You Should Know

Date: March 30th 2011, 9:00 pm
Distance: 6.3 miles
Weather: I never really noticed it so it must have not been that extreme.

On today's run I decided to do something different. I decided to run while listening to Podcasts. I queued up a couple episodes of "Stuff You Should Know" and hit the streets.

"Stuff You Should Know" is a podcast done by howstufffworks.com. The site is garbage (it has become infested by a swarm of ads) but the podcast is hilarious. Each episode is loosly based on an article from howstuffworks.com and the hosts really make it good. I started my run by listening to "How Does Gross National Happiness Work" followed by "How do dogs perceive time?" By the time the second podcast was over, I was home again.

Wow.

Conclusion: Time flies when you are running while listening to podcasts. I was almost unconcious of the fact that I was running. The funny thing is, these podcasts weren't even the cream of the crop (Check out "How Twinkies Work" or "How Muppets Work" for some promising ones). I have a feeling that I'm going to be doing this again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment