Day 33: Paperboy

Date: March 31st 2011, 6:00 pm
Distance: 5.6 miles
Weather: Balmy

My run was broken up into two portions: Running south to the Tanner building (and staying for a club meeting) and running the rest of the route. Too bad I can't do that during the real race.

The weather was blissful. The traffic was quiet for most of my route (Canyon Rd. quiets down as you keep going north). I found myself running in residential-land except for the occasional strip mall.

Now that I think of it, it kind of looked like Newcastle (uh, South Africa folks. By the way, there are no fewer than 45 Newcastles in the world, including one in Washington, Texas, Colorado, and Utah. Who knew?).

Anyways, about halfway through the run a big grey dog jumped out from behind a bush and scared the bejezes out of me. It proceeded to bark and growl at me as I ran for my life. As it continued to chase me, I started to feel this sense of deja vu. Then I realized that this had happened to me many a time on Paperboy. That dog was the single most fearful obstacle in the game. Every time I played, as soon as I saw that dog, I knew I was hosed. Fortunately, this time the dog gave up pursuit after a few short seconds and I left it in the dust.

The rest was easy... another run down. And as far as I'm concerned, any run where I don't wind up as a chew toy for Beethoven is a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment